Our Schedule and Policies have been modified to adapt to the current situation. These modifications are subject to change in order to follow guidelines to keep our families safe as well as relaxing restrictions as they are lifted.
Birthday Parties, Indoor Playground, and Open Gyms will remain suspended until later phases.
BEFORE returning to class, a parent or legal guardian must login to their portal to sign off on updated policies
Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Covid Policies for Phases 1.5 & 2
All employees will be asked to be temperature screened prior to arriving at work.
We ask that students check temperature at home before coming to gym
A touch less thermometer will be available at the facility in case needed.
Temperature should not exceed 100.4 degrees fahrenheit, individuals with higher temperature will be sent home.
Customers will be questioned for illness upon entry to the facility. We have a sign to stop at located at entrance.
all adults must wear a face mask while in the building.
Persons with any possible exposure to COVID-19, signs of illness and/or temperatures above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted on the premises.
All customers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the facility.
Any person that is vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC will not be permitted to enter the facility at this time as a mandate of Phase 2 in Washington State's re-open plan. This includes people over the age of 65, people with serious underlying medical conditions such as chronic lung disease, people with moderate to severe asthma, people who are immunocompromised.
Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Academy encourages all families to pick up and drop off and not enter the building.
Employees will be visible in the parking lots to help with children entering and exiting.
If an adult must observe class, only one parent/guardian is allowed in the facility at a time. No siblings will be permitted in the facility unless registered for a class at that same time..
All athletes/students will sanitize/wash hands after every rotation.
• All Athletes and clients will enter from the East door (by the main office) and exit through the West door (‘team” side) or out the middle door in viewing area.
• Viewing areas will be adjusted to facilitate social distancing. We strongly encourage drop off and pick up only.
• Social distancing will be mandated.
• Groups will be conducted with 5 athletes/students or less.
• Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Academy staff will conduct regular disinfecting of high-touch surfaces,
equipment and common areas of the facility using disinfectant cleaning supplies according to CDC guidelines.
• A cleaning schedule and assignments will be posted at the beginning of each week.
• Employees will be provided personal protective equipment such as gloves and face masks to use
while assisting with the disinfecting of the gym.
● All families will be required to sign a new waiver which includes COVID-19 measures.
● Lockers for the team will not be immediately available. All competitive gymnasts will be required to bring a personal backpack with all personal equipment.
* Chalk will be supplied by MCGA.
* Athletes that use water (spray bottle) on bars, must bring their own spray bottle. *Team athletes must have their own hand sanitizer.
*Nothing will be shared, including hairbrushes, tape, bag balm, etc.
• Cubbies will be available for the Recreation and Preschool students.
Belongings will be placed in a plastic bag before they are placed in a cubby by the instructor.
Disinfectant wipes will be available for families to use as well.
● Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Academy recommends that customers wear face masks at their own discretion.
● Some equipment will be restricted to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between gymnasts.
● Water fountains will be closed. All gymnasts will be required to bring their own water bottle.
● Spotting will be limited to safety purposes only.
● There will be no partner activities during classes and/or workouts.
● All props will be sanitized after each use.
● Athletes and coaches will avoid physical contact with another: e.g., hugs, high fives, etc.
● Athletes, coaches and families will not be allowed to enter the facility if they or a household mem- ber has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Academy has a written plan and will work with local health authorities
if a member has developed a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. Mid-Columbia Gymnastics Academy will maintain confidentiality of the COVID-19 infected person